Surya Namaskar Salute to the Sun or Sun Salutation, is a practice in yoga as exercise incorporating a flow sequence of some twelve gracefully linked asanas. The asana sequence originated in the Hatha Yoga tradition on 9th century in India. The basic sequence involves moving from a standing position into Downward and Upward Dog poses and then back to the standing position, but many variations are possible. The set of 12 Asanas is dedicated to the vedic-hindu solar deity Surya. In some Indian traditions, the positions are each associated with a different mantra.
SURYA NAMASKAR MANTRA
tat tvam pusannapavrnu
The effulgent form of the Lord, who is present (even) in the solar orb and is of complete auspicious qualities, is concealed from my vision; O Complete One, I pray to thee that thou mayest disclose thine form (which I otherwise would never be able to see) to me, thy devotee.
1. Aum Hraam Mitraya namah (Friend of all – Anahata- Heart Center)
2. Aum Hreem Ravaye namah (The shining one – Vishuddhi-Throat Center)
3. Aum Hroom Sooryaya namah (The active one- Swadhistana- Navel Center)
4. Aum Hraim Bhaanave namah (The one who illuminates- Ajna– Brow center)
5. Aum Hraum Khagaaya namah(The one who moves in the sky-Vishuddhi-Throat Center)
6. Aum Hrah Pooshne namah(Strength/will power-Manipura- Solar Plexus Center)
7. Aum Hraam Hiranyagarbhaaya namah (Golden cosmic self-Swadhistana- Navel Center)
8. Aum Hreem Mareecye namah (Rays of Sun-Vishuddhi–Throat Center)
9. Aum Hroom Aadityaaya namah(Son of Aditi-Ajna– Brow Center)
10. Aum Hraim Savitrye namah (stimulation power of sun-Swadhistana-Navel Center)
11. Aum Hraum Arkaya namah(one who is fit for please-Vishuddhi-Throat Center)
12 Aum Hrah Bhaskaraya Namah(leading to enlightenment–Anahata-Heart Center)
ADITYASYA NAMASKARAM YE KURVANTI DINE DINE JANMANTAR SAHASTRESU DARIDRYAM NOPAJAYATE .. Meaning :The man who performs Surya Namaskara daily does not get poor in thousand births. Hence, give Surya Namaskara an urgent place in your daily routine. And like the daily rising of the sun. Surya Namaskara is indeed a daily routine.
Suryanamaskar (Sun Salutation) Suryanamaskar (Surya Namaskar or surya namaskaram) or sun salutation is a comprehensive rejuvenating exercise that includes yoga asana and pranayama.
There are two different methods of surya namaskar. आदित्यस्य नमस्कारं – ये कुर्वन्ति दिने दिने जन्मान्तर सहस्रेषु – दारिद्र्यं नोपजायते
ఆదిత్యస్య నమస్కారం – యేకుర్వంతి దినే దినే
జన్మాంతర సహశ్రేషు – దారిద్ర్యం నోపజాయతే