Mudras and Bhandas
- BHANDAS means lock.
- BANDHAs are NEURO-MUSCULAR LOCKS.
- Literally means ‘to bind’ , ‘to hold captive’ or ‘to contract’.
- Opposite poles of energy or shakti are bound together.
- Through contraction of muscles & organ in the physical body, the shakti is accumulated into a particular center.
- JALANDHARA (Chin Lock)
- UDDIYANA (Abdominal Lock)
- MOOLA (Rectum Lock)
- By contracting the perineum, performing uddiyana & locking ida & pingala with jalandhara, sushumna becomes active.
- The prana & breath become still. Thus death, old age & sickness are conquered.
- In Sanskrit ‘Mudra’ means a gesture or an energy seal.Mudras are physical actions that directly effect Pranic energy within the body.According to the science of Yoga,the five finger of the hand represent the five natural elements viz. Space,Air,Fire,Water and Earth.Imbalance of these natural elements disorients the immune system there by causing diseases.These natural elements can be made up by connecting one part of the body with another through mudras.So,continuous practice of the mudras will create minute changes in the body using pulse centers on part of the hands,which trigger certain healing processes within the corresponding body part.As a result of this diseases caused by imbalance are cured.
- MAHA MUDRA
- MAHA VEDHA MUDRA
- KHECHARI MUDRA
- VIPAREETA KARANI MUDRA
- SHAKTI CHALANA MUDRA
- SHAMBHAVI MUDRA
- Purify the body, bio magnetic field & shield from negative forces.
- Helps in developing the concentration while practicing.